Wednesday 9 September 2009

General update and millinery final.




OK, I completely lied. I haven't kept this up to date at all. But I have had a very busy time of it since my last post and am resolved, now I'm somewhat settled, to try to keep this darn thing going. Every girl needs a place to vent.

So, since April I:

1) finished my millinery course (I'm going to try and attach hat pics)

2) moved house into a flat that I own a percentage of, yes, I am starting to grow up a little!

3) bought furniture

4) became single

5) started the process of obtaining some kittens.

I'm probably should post about each thing separately, rather than make one enormous blog post (I'm not sure of the etiquette on these things) but knowing me I'll start and never finish so:

Millinery

Well, I loved the whole thing, it really was worth and time and money, and I have walked away with two lovely hats that are definitely wearable. I completed a very useful, but very large brimmed summer hat that I wore on a couple of summer days - its been a lovely summer here, after all.

This one has, so far, just got a very simple grosgrain band around it but the idea is that I'll tie scarves around it according to my outfits. So I think it will really come into its own next year.

The second hat, oh I am so looking forward to wearing this in the autumn (note to self - get onto eBay for a matching coat). Its brown fur felt, in a sort of picture hat style, trimmed with petersham and some beautiful feathers which I lashed together with the remnants of the brim.

I really enjoyed making the felt hat, felt is a lot easier to work with than straw and has a much richer look. Its generally more satisfying. Anyway, I'm thrilled with the results.

Hope anyone looking likes em too!

I'd love to do the two follow on courses, I'm saving my pennies. Well actually, I'm not, but I need to.

Moving house et al

I have purchased 25% of a flat in sunny Crackney, its so exciting having somewhere that I really feel is mine. Its a reasonable size one bedroom flat in a new block and I have been thouroughly enjoing furnishing it in a vintage style. So far I have purchases a 30's sofa and bed, a deco dressing table and a 50's yellow formica table. Its looking good! Photos to follow once I find the cable for my camera.

I'm also looking into obtaining a pair of kittens. A friend of a friends cat has just popped some sprogs - part british blue, part rangy local ginger tom. They sound lovely. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment